Eliminate top CWE errors with CA Veracode.
The Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) is a list of weaknesses in software that can lead to security issues. While the CWE list is long, it is also prioritized by severity of risk, providing organizations and developers with a good idea about how to best secure applications.
For companies that aren’t sure where to begin when it comes to application security, addressing the top 25 CWE errors is a good place to start. These are vulnerabilities that software security experts agree are the most problematic for enterprise application security. Each of these vulnerabilities can be addressed through a variety of tools like vulnerability scanning or gray box testing. But managing these tools in-house can often be complicated and time-consuming, draining IT budgets and putting the brakes on SDLC timelines.
For more effective cost-efficient approach for remediating CWE errors, consider the cloud-based application security products and services from CA Veracode.
CA Veracode: leading solutions for mitigating CWE flaws
CA Veracode provides the application security solutions required in a software-driven world. With comprehensive testing solutions managed on a unified platform, CA Veracode makes it easy to embed security and testing throughout the software development lifecycle, from inception through production. Combining automation, process and speed, CA Veracode lets you address CWE errors at the very moments in the development process where it is easiest and most cost-efficient to fix flaws.
Vercode’s comprehensive approach to addressing CWE issues
CA Veracode’s cloud-based solutions provide comprehensive tools for identifying and remediating CWE security issues in applications.
- CA Veracode Greenlight provides developers with immediate feedback as they write code, drawing attention to potential CWE errors and offering contextual recommendations that let programmers resolve issues within seconds.
- CA Veracode Static Analysis lets developers quickly identify and remediate CWE errors and other flaws without having to manage a tool. This cloud-based service tests binaries in proprietary, open source and legacy applications, analyzing major frameworks and languages without requiring source code.
- CA Veracode Web Application Scanning identifies, secures and monitors all web applications, including the ones you may not be aware of. This app vulnerability scanner solution helps mitigate CWE errors by performing a lightweight scan on thousands of sites in parallel to identify vulnerabilities and prioritize risks.
- CA Veracode Software Composition Analysis provides tools for inventorying open source components and finding and fixing CWE flaws and other issues in open-source and commercial code.
- CA Veracode Vendor Application Security Testing simplifies 3rd party risk management by scanning binaries, so you can evaluate the security of third-party software without needing access to proprietary source code.
- CA Veracode Runtime Protection defends against application-layer attacks in real time.