Search Our Knowledge Base
Code Review Tools
Speed development with automated code review tools
As development teams work to integrate security into the software development lifecycle (SDLC), the right code review tools can help to find vulnerabilities faster and fix them more easily.
Application security risk seems to be at an all-time high as software has become the primary target for malicious attacks. While development teams face increasing pressure to improve security, they’re also expected to crank out software at an ever-faster pace.
Traditional code review tools tend to be cumbersome and fragmented, working against the need to accelerate development timelines. That’s why more development teams today are turning to automated code review tools from Veracode to help improve software security without slowing or hindering the development process.
Code review tools from Veracode
Veracode delivers code review tools that help to assess and improve application security from inception through production. Combining best-of-breed technology, deep expertise and application security best practices, Veracode lets development teams improve the security of software they build, buy, assemble and integrate into their environments.
Veracode’s code review tools include:
- Static Analysis tools that lets developers quickly identify and remediate security flaws without having to manage a complex tool. Static code review tools analyze major frameworks and languages without requiring source code, enabling developers to assess code that is written, purchased or downloaded on a single platform.
- Software Composition Analysis tools that identify vulnerabilities in open-source and commercial code and help to manage the remediation and mitigation process.
- Veracode Static Analysis IDE Scan code review tools that work in the background to identify flaws as code is being written.
Benefits of Veracode’s code review tools
With code review tools from Veracode, you can:
- Automate testing. Veracode enables development teams to automate testing throughout the development lifecycle, performing an application control audit at various points to promote more secure software.
- Accelerate development. By simplifying and speeding software testing, Veracode enables development teams to meet deadlines for software builds.
- Remediate faster. Veracode’s software testing solutions provide step-by-step guidance for understanding, prioritizing and remediating vulnerabilities so developers can work more quickly to fix flaws.
- Improve governance. Veracode solutions enable organizations to adhere to web application security standards and establish processes for consistently delivering secure software.
Veracode also provides web application monitoring tools that can find, secure and monitor all web applications – not just the ones that organizations are aware of.