CROSS SITE SCRIPTING VULNERABILITY
The danger of a cross site scripting vulnerability.
As the number of cross site scripting attacks, or XSS attacks, continues to rise, organizations must find effective solutions to identify and fix a cross site scripting vulnerability quickly. In an XSS attack, hackers inject client-side code into a legitimate website or web application. When this code is executed, the site becomes a weapon that can deliver malicious script to the browser of users visiting the website. In reflected XSS attacks, the injected script is reflected off the web server, while in stored XSS attacks script is permanently stored on the target servers. A cross site scripting vulnerability may be combined with social engineering techniques to mount phishing attacks, identity theft or keylogging attacks.
Cross site scripting prevention can be achieved with superior tools for testing code, while a cross site scripting vulnerability in existing code may be identified and fixed with tools to monitor and validate all inputs to the website. As the methods for exploiting a cross site scripting vulnerability continue to evolve, the most effective solution for preventing XSS attacks is a cloud-based application security service like Veracode.
Prevent a cross site scripting vulnerability with Veracode.
Veracode provides application security solutions that deliver protection throughout the entire software development lifecycle. By seamlessly integrating secure DevOps into development processes, Veracode helps to significantly improve agile security and reduce the cost of protecting applications.
Veracode’s powerful platform combines speed, automation and process, delivering multiple testing tools that address application security through all stages of software development. By providing developers with tools to find and fix flaws like cross site scripting vulnerability at the most cost-efficient point in the development process, Veracode helps to reduce the time and expense involved in remediating XSS vulnerabilities.
Download Veracode’s XSS cheat sheetto learn everything you need to know about cross site scripting and how to protect against it.
How Veracode helps stop a cross site scripting vulnerability.
Veracode solutions to prevent and fix a cross site scripting vulnerability include:
- Veracode Static Analysis IDE Scan, an app security tool that works within your IDE to provide developers with immediate feedback and fixes as they write code.
- Static Analysis services that scan binaries to identify a cross site scripting vulnerability in major frameworks and languages without requiring access to source code.
- Software Composition Analysis services that inventory open source components and identify vulnerabilities in in-house and commercial code.
- Web Application Scanning services that combine static with dynamic analysis to identify cross site scripting vulnerability instances and other flaws in public-facing web applications.
- Runtime Protection services that provide real-time protection against a cross site scripting vulnerability with runtime application self-protection (RASP).
Learn more about preventing a cross site scripting vulnerability with Veracode, and about Veracode solutions for preventing and sql attacks and sql injection in Java.