The challenge of secure web application development
Secure web application development is acknowledged as a critical priority for every enterprise producing software. Yet fewer than 10% of security professionals in a recent survey could verify that all their business-critical applications were reviewed for security before and during production.
Too often, secure web application development is limited to testing for flaws after software is written. But addressing vulnerabilities at this point is very costly and can easily delay SDLC timelines. Clearly, organizations need more effective tools for SDLC security – solutions that let developers ensure secure web application development throughout the development process, without requiring additional tools or hiring more consultants.
That’s where Veracode can help. Our scalable cloud-based platform and enterprise application testing tools help to secure software from code development through production. With Veracode, secure web application development is easier, faster and more cost-efficient.
Secure web application development with Veracode
Veracode provides application security solutions and services that protect the business-critical software organizations rely on every day. With Veracode, your software development teams can buy, build and assemble applications with the confidence that they are free of flaws and vulnerabilities.
The Veracode Application Security Platform combines automation, process and speed to integrate more effective practices into Security DevOps, addressing vulnerabilities at the most cost-efficient points in the development/deployment chain. As a cloud-based solution, Veracode lets you achieve secure web application development without additional staff or equipment, providing value on day one.
Veracode’s tools for secure web application development
Veracode’s platform provides development teams with comprehensive tools for ensuring secure web application development and for achieving compliance with regulatory frameworks such as PCI DSS 6.5, HIPAA, SOX, NIST and more.
- Veracode offers multiple analysis techniques for identifying vulnerabilities.
- Web Application Discovery and Monitoring tools perform scans to discover and inventory all external web applications, even the apps that organizations didn’t know were still running.
- Static Application Security Testing (SAST) scans applications from the “inside out”, reviewing static code for common vulnerabilities such as cross-site scripting and SQL injection.
- Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) searches for flaws in software already in production and does not require access to source code.
- Manual penetration testing enables development teams to find vulnerabilities such as authorization issues and business logic flaws that can only be discovered with the help of a skilled penetration tester.