BURLINGTON, Mass. — October 31, 2014 — Veracode, a leader in protecting modern enterprises from today’s pervasive web and mobile application threats, today announced that Chris Wysopal, Veracode’s co-founder, CTO and CISO will be a panelist for the segment “Securing Mobile and BYOD” at the annual ACSC Conference, “Left of Boom: How and Where to Invest Across the Kill Chain” on Wednesday, November 5th.
Dealing with a cyber attack and the “boom” it creates leaves organizations in a vulnerable and reactionary position for dealing with the adversary and the fallout of the compromise. On a timeline, this right of boom activity could be avoided if there were more proactive left of boom securities in place. The conference features cyber experts who will explore strategies left of boom to enhance your security posture.
Opening remarks will be delivered by Kenneth Montgomery, First Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston; the conference keynote features Michael Chertoff, Former Secretary, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and Executive Chairman and Co-Founder, The Chertoff Group.
- Who: Chris Wysopal, co-founder, CTO and CISO
- What: Chris Wysopal will be speaking during the “Securing Mobile and BYOD” segment which will be moderated by Davi Ottenheimer, Senior Director of Trust, EMC. As an organization’s perimeter security continues to expand with the implementation of evolving technologies such as mobile devices and the cloud, cyber security must evolve to protect the privacy of the user and the intellectual property of the company. Fortunately, various counter-measures are being developed from software security to information flow. This session will equip practitioners with insight into the emerging methods and solutions to face the challenges of mobile security.
- When: Wednesday, November 5th from 2:15-3:45 pm EST
- Where: Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- How: For more information on this event, visit: http://www.acscenter.org/newsevents/annual_acsc_conference/