SOFTWARE TESTING METHODOLOGY
Choosing the right software testing methodology
With more than half of all breaches originating in business applications, organizations and development teams everywhere are seeking a software testing methodology that can help to improve application security and enable Dev Sec Ops.
The challenge: no single software testing methodology can accurately identify every vulnerability at every stage of the software development lifecycle (SDLC). There are a number of highly effective software testing methodologies available, from static analysis (white box testing) and dynamic analysis (black box testing) to manual penetration testing, a web vuln scanner, and other techniques. But real application security that truly improves software quality only comes through a software testing methodology that incorporates all of these approaches.
Deploying and managing multiple desktop, mobile and web application testing tools can be quite expensive and require significant staff resources. Fortunately, Veracode offers an alternative: a software testing methodology with on-demand application testing services.
Implementing an on-demand software testing methodology with Veracode.
Veracode offers a simpler and more scalable way to improve application security and increase the resiliency of your global application infrastructure. With a powerful suite of application testing services, we enable organizations to adopt a software testing methodology that embeds security into existing development processes and allows developers to find and fix flaws at the most logical and cost-effective point in the development workflow.
Our testing solutions are built on the highly scalable Veracode Platform, which helps to simplify integrations with development tools and ensure the consistent enforcement of security policies and software testing methodology across the enterprise.
A comprehensive software testing methodology
Our on-demand testing services include:
- Veracode Static Analysis IDE Scan, a solution that provides instant scanning in a developers IDE to find security defects in code within seconds. Developers can scan code as they write and get immediate alerts and remediation guidance.
- Veracode Developer Sandbox, a solution that gives developers the ability to assess new code against security policy without affecting compliance for an entire application.
- Veracode Static Analysis, an on-demand solution that scans code written, bought or assembled without requiring access to source code. Developers can submit code for a Static Analysis scan via the Veracode Platform and receive results quickly – usually within four hours.
- Veracode Software Composition Analysis, a solution that helps to quickly identify vulnerabilities in open source and commercial components to improve the security of hybrid code and enable more effective security audits.
- Veracode Web Application Scanning, a tool for discovering, testing and monitoring all web applications – including the apps that you may have lost track of or didn’t know you had. Lightweight, production-safe scans help to prioritize the most significant risks, while deep scans on critical applications help to protect your most vital business assets.
Learn more about software testing methodology in Veracode, and about Veracode solutions for stopping an advanced persistent threat.