Veracode is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated engineer who shares our vision to secure the world’s software and who has the passion to be a leading contributor on a high-performance team. Microservices, Continuous Delivery, and DevSecOps in the Cloud are our pillars of success to achieve this vision. We are looking for an engineer who is eager to learn, to collaborate, and to build and expand an automation system to assist in bringing our operations into a new phase that is able to grow with capacity and define routines that eliminate manual workloads.
We are small, highly innovative team with a start-up feel, while still having the resources of a successful billion-dollar company. Our open environment stimulates teamwork, agile development, and the sharing of innovative ideas/coding practices. You will be responsible for developing the automation for the software solution deployed in the Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environment and maintaining it as part of the team operations.
- Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years creating and improving automation, build, testing, and release tools
- Familiarity with RESTful API’s
- Strong collaborative skills with an eye towards efficiency and boosting team productivity
- Ability to solve problems and design solutions without much supervision/guidance
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and tools.
- Database query development. Experience with PL/SQL a plus
- 1+ year of cloud infrastructure support/engineering. Prefer AWS
- Experience contributing to large Java application codebases
- Linux system administration, including shell scripting
- Windows system administration, bonus for Power Shell experience
- Experience with software and server monitoring tools and practices.
- Evaluating performance bottlenecks and their root causes
- Experience in data-analysis and report generation from multiple sources
- Analysis of a applications using metrics, monitoring, alarms, and costs
- Subject matter expertise on web applications and application security or a genuine interest in being a security evangelist for the team
- Excellent debugging / coding / problem solving skills expected.
- Be a Team player.
- Demonstrate a growth mind-set, seeks feedback often and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
- Participate in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing expertise within technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participate in domain forums or groups etc.
- Must demonstrate professional written and oral communication skills.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.