Veracode, located in Burlington, MA is looking for a hard-working and energetic technical content developer with strong video production skills to join our User Assistance team on-site. The User Assistance Team is an integral part of the UX+UA department that prides itself on good relationships, a sense of fun, and the ability to work together as a team to achieve the common goals for our users. We only want to hire a content developer who is a high-achiever, positive-thinker, and who deeply believes in the industry and profession of technical communication.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Create short (less than 2-minute) videos/screencasts that demonstrate new and existing features and functions
- Author scripts for videos, both independently and with other technical writers
- Develop relationships with PM, Development, and UX peers to understand the subject matter
- Keep videos up-to-date as features and UIs change over time
- Author and edit content for both videos and technical documentation
- Optimize content to be single-sourced for different use cases
- Check content into content repository and get peer reviews
- Perform peer reviews for other technical writers on the team
- Participate in the planning of future publications
- Update and maintain style guides
Personality and Aptitude
We are looking for someone who can work independently with great initiative, but who understands the importance of teamwork in high-pressure situations. This person must be ready and able to hit the ground running, writing the content as s/he goes, learning by watching, listening, and asking questions. We want an educated person who has demonstrated a strong understanding of all the concepts and philosophies of technical communication using video and online help, and who is willing to continue learning new methods and processes. S/he must be open to taking on any tasks that get the job done while maintaining a positive and self-reliant outlook. Teamwork is central to everything, especially as we work closely with the UX and PM teams, so the ability to build strong relationships and participation in team discussions is important.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor’s degree in either Technical Communication, Instructional Design, or a related field, but we will consider individuals who have compensatory practical experience.
- Provide varied examples of strong technical writing and video content
- Demonstrate proficiency in video production and editing using tools such as Camtasia
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practices for video tutorial/demo content through prior work
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of writing (ideally for non-native English readers as well) through your work samples
Persons with these additional skillsets/experience will be regarded most favorably:
- Developer IDEs and build tools
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.