Veracode is looking for a developer with experience working on cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure developing software as a service. Veracode is a leader in the Application Security Testing field and as a member of our Dynamic Analysis team you will be responsible for working on the software and cloud infrastructure used in performing security analyses on dynamic systems.
You will be part of a small and energetic team working on the leading edge of continually evolving technologies. Innovation and creativity are key traits of our team members.
- As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for writing software, configuring and maintaining services which provide the backbone to our dynamic scan engine.
- Ensure adherence to the architectural vision of the product and also ensure that associated designs follow that vision.
- Bring enthusiasm to the team, participating in design discussions and writing well-designed, testable, performant and high-quality code.
- Participate in writing required technical documentations (design documents, usability guides, test plans, release notes, etc.) as required.
- Participate in estimating the work required for new features or components.
- Able to make work decisions with manager consultation:
- Commit to delivering stories and tasks within the sprint.
- Actively communicate and collaborate within the team.
- Employ continuous learning; build domain expertise and knowledge on processes, systems & tools.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
- Strong programming experience in Java (v. 7+) language, along with a solid understanding of the data architecture and design.
- 5 or more years of work experience in developing leading edge interactive software and delivering the software to a cloud platform. AWS is used in Veracode, but experience on other platforms is acceptable.
- Working experience of Cloud components like serverless architecture, Virtual Private Cloud Config., Messaging and SQL/NoSQL Databases
- Deploying application through cloud tools (i.e. TerraForm or Ansible or AWS Cloudformation)
- Experience writing code with scripting languages (Python preferred, but open to other scripting languages like Batch, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience with agile development processes (exposure to SAFe is a plus).
- Experience building high performing, scalable, and configurable software systems.
- Working knowledge of CI-CD automation processes and development of deployment pipeline
- Working knowledge of tools like GitLab, Jenkins, JIRA, or other similar tools.
- Experience in API implementation (REST) for distributed service based architectures
- Excellent coding / debugging / problem solving skills.
- Open to change and able to adapt. The selected employee will want to be learning new things!
- Participation in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing expertise within the technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participate in domain forums or groups.
- Must demonstrate professional written and oral communication skills.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.