As a Software Dev for Test Engineer at Veracode, you will work closely with software developers and other Quality Engineers in small scrum teams to deliver the highest quality SaaS-based products in a timely and cost-effective manner. Specific duties and responsibilities include developing and executing comprehensive test plans and test cases, estimating test efforts, analyzing and communicating test results, defect tracking, automating testing and participating in day-to-day QA activities.
- Manually develop test plans and test cases
- Automate as much of those test plans as possible
- Be a thorough manual tester where automation is not possible
- Prepare estimates for assigned tasks and complete all work according to schedule and quality requirements
- Provide ongoing feedback on deliverables
- Acquire knowledge necessary to perform job assignments (technology, product and process)
- Participating in various design and backlog refining discussions
- Collaborating with other developers and project stakeholders to ensure quality of deliverables and business requirements are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or Engineering
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in quality assurance/software testing and programming
- At least 2 years of practical experience in automated testing
- Java and/or Python or other automation tool for creating feature tests
- Experience using Selenium for automated browser based testing
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Experience testing a web application stack; knowledge of web servers, application servers, and databases
- Must possess excellent overall attention to detail, quality and customer satisfaction
- Self-motivated, results driver, and able to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, CA Technologies application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.