Veracode is a leader in the ever-evolving Application Security Testing world. We continue what is now over a decade of rapid growth and offer not only a number of powerful SaaS-based products to solve our client’s problems, but also additional services and platforms to help them better leverage our services and fully realize the added value we can bring to securing their applications and websites.
We are looking to add an accomplished principal level engineer that is ready and looking to take on additional responsibilities in the architecture space. This individual will be working on our flagship Static Analysis product. You will be leading by example and working alongside security experts, developers, test automation engineers and a scrum master. This team is responsible for supporting new features using full stack tech -- user interface, middleware, databases, API, and AWS Microservices.
- Senior member of the team who is responsible for analysis, design AND development of new products and features to meet new customer requirements. Helps in conceptualizing the software architecture.
- Collaborate closely with senior team members and other architects
- Ensures adherence of the development team to the architectural vision of the product and also ensuring that associated designs follow that vision and ensure compliance with best security practices
- Collaborate with other members of the team, engineering managers, product management, product owners, quality engineering team members, and documentation writers to ensure appropriate implementation of business requirements
- Participate in architecture guild meetings and help advance all Veracode products towards modern technologies. Participate and help with POCs when needed.
- Assume a mentoring role for other developers, building the skills of less experienced team members, and proactively suggesting process improvements
- Participates in the writing of technical documents (functional specifications, design documents, architecture diagrams ) as required
- Help estimate the work required for new features.
- Bachelors in in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ year’s software development experience in a fast-paced environment, working through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Expert in these areas: Java, Object Oriented Design, UI technologies, Open Source tools
- A working knowledge of databases – SQL and no SQL.
- Highly proficient in programming using Java
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and Microservices.
- Strong experience in Cloud application development domain
- Experience developing and deploying SaaS applications and services into production.
- Experience with building state of the art User Interfaces in latest web technologies
- Able to mentor and guide developers and be a technical lead
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Python development experience
- Experience in design/delivery of security concerns and multi-tenant service level agreements
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.