The Veracode platform scans thousands of applications a day at every stage of the software development process. We strive to be the index of the world’s open source library and vulnerability data and use this data to give our customers actionable insights. Software Composition Analysis (SCA) isn’t just about telling customers about a problem, it’s about helping them view what’s inside the code, where the problems are in that code and then providing actions to take to solve those problems.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated architect or a principal engineer who is ready to move into an architect role. He/She will work closely with the engineering leadership to design software architecture and influence business stakeholders on strategic direction in general. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and self-motivated individual with strong consulting, technology skills, commitment to quality, positive work ethic and a "can do" attitude.
- Develop strong partnership with business, product and engineering leaders and members, to define and maintain technology and product architecture
- Able to gain deep understanding of domain and industry best practices to develop technical vision and strategy
- A hands-on senior member of the engineering team to analyze, design and develop software solutions to deliver product roadmap (60-70% dev. responsibilities and 30-40% architecture/design)
- Effectively communicate technology strategies and trade-offs both up to senior and executive management and down to development teams
- Ensures adherence of the development team to the architectural vision of the product and also ensuring that associated designs follow that vision and ensure compliance with best security practices
- Participate in architecture guild meetings and help advance all Veracode products towards modern technologies and common methodology. Participate and help with POCs when needed.
- Technical leadership, mentor less experienced team members and proactively suggest improvements
- Participates in the writing of technical documents (functional specifications, design documents, architecture diagrams) as required
- Help estimate the work required for new features.
- Travel as needed to SF, CA office (10-15% travel expected).
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors in in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ year’s software development experience in a fast-paced environment, working through all phases of the software development life cycle in a Microservices architecture.
- Expertise in these areas: Java, Spring Boot framework, Object Oriented Design,
- UI technologies (React/Angular), Open Source tools
- Proven hands-on technical leadership with the ability to prototype key solutions and designing, writing code.
- Development experience with SQL (no SQL desired)
- Experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing, deploying and operating SaaS applications in Cloud (AWS preferred) environment.
- Provide mentorship and thought leadership to technical talent at all level
- Familiarity with tools like Jira, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Strong experience working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.