Veracode is seeking a Sr. User Researcher to join our local team in our headquarters in Burlington, MA. You will be part of an energetic team working on the leading edge of continually evolving technologies. Innovation and creativity are key traits of our team members.
In this role, you’ll work with a smart, fun, and energetic team of 15 UX generalists and technical writers, who love working for Veracode, as well as working with each other. Across Veracode, we value the individual. We create an environment to bring out the best in one another. We cheerlead and celebrate victories. We help our customers be heroes.
Our team works closely with product management and development as an integrated practice serving the UX needs of a dozen agile teams. You’ll take on complex and challenging user research projects that will give you the opportunity to grow technically and as a researcher.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the user research efforts and help improve our research maturity
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior through usability studies, surveys, interviews, card sorts, field visits, and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Proactively involve the team in the research process
- Validate concepts and designs at all stages with customers and partners
Required experience / skills:
- MS degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, or related fields
- 5+ years hands-on experience with multiple user research methods
- Experience working on complex, enterprise applications
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills, including providing feedback to and receiving feedback from peers
Preferred experience / skills:
- Experience in standard User Experience methodologies and techniques
- Comfortable operating in an Agile development environment
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.