Veracode is seeking a seasoned strategic and technical Product Manager to work with our industry-leading Static Analysis product line, and focus on developer-focused Application Security product offerings, including Veracode’s Greenlight solution. In this role you will be responsible for identifying, analyzing and continuously validating the needs of Veracode’s end-users and the development community related to the Application Security. You need to be closely familiar with the modern software development methodologies and CI/CD tools and have a solid understanding of how DevOps organizations implement automated software delivery pipelines. You need to possess a keen understanding of the voice of the software developer, communicate it to the rest of the company and turn it into a comprehensive DevSecOps strategy and a product roadmap that will position Veracode to become a household brand for software development professionals.
You should have a demonstrated track record of successfully building, delivering and growing developer-focused products that resonate well with the market, customers and the end-users. You will be a forward-looking individual focused on building MVP solutions and being ahead of the market.
You will work with internal and external customers at every level, partner closely with sales and services, and collaborate with other product managers across several product lines. You will be the individual responsible for communicating and promoting DevSecOps strategy across all teams and levels in the organization including the executive team. You will work closely with Product Marketing to define and refine developer-focused product positioning and collaborate on pricing strategy that resonates well with the buyers of application security tools for development teams.
- Work collaboratively as part of the extended Product Team, including other Product Managers, Product Owners, UX, and Architects in facilitating the processes, practices and principles necessary to delivering outstanding business value and an exceptional customer experience.
- Work in close partnership with the Engineering team while adopting Scaled Agile Framework best practices to optimize feature delivery to the customers in a fast-pace release cadence and effectively balancing business and technical objectives for the product line.
- Defining and managing the Feature Backlog, defining necessary non-functional requirements and collaborating closely with other product teams.
- Conduct continuous market research and assessment activities to ensure the team is aligned to the market opportunities, and able to react quickly to changing market dynamics.
- Analyze customer feedback and build customer insights into all stages of the planning and execution process, ensuring the continuous validation of features and stories with your end-users.
- Own, develop and prioritize the Product Business Case, define Feature Requirements and the Acceptance Criteria, help create end-user oriented product documentation, and internal and external training materials.
- Present on Veracode solution best practices to technical and non-technical audiences, travel to and speak at developer-focused industry conferences.
- Ability to work effectively with remote teammates.
- Develop, maintain and communicate the roadmap for internal stakeholders and external customers, prospects, and analysts.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on product positioning and pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Lead forecasting and pipeline analysis activities to monitor product performance.
- Four or more years in a product management role in a SaaS environment
- Six or more years working in a software company in a technical customer facing role; this may include experience as a product owner, product manager or a sales engineer.
- Understanding of modern software development
- Strong understanding of the DevOps landscape (Different build and deployment technologies around CI / CD practices, understanding of configuration management tools, knowledge of CI tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson or TeamCity)
- Experience in application security a big plus
- Experience working in the Agile/Scrum Project Delivery framework.
- Ability to travel approximately once or twice a month to visit customers and/or industry events.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related technical field is preferred and/or MBA
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.