Veracode is widely regarded as the premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
The Senior Technical Data Analyst will be responsible for creating and maintaining analytical insight across Veracode’s SaaS platform and business systems. She/he will leverage SQL and analytics tools to support Veracode Services, Sales, and Product teams that require technical assistance across our systems.
Tasks that this role will perform include:
- Analyzing complex business problems by writing SQL queries and using analytics tools
- Designing, building, and maintaining reports
- Developing and recommending technical solutions and strategies for both internal business systems and Veracode platform analytics tools
- Support internal Services teams by performing advanced analysis used in customer engagements
- Write complex SQL queries to extract data from Redshift, Oracle, and other databases
- Serve as the conduit between Sales, Services, Product/Engineering, IT, and Finance to integrate systems and business processes
- Lead cross-functional initiatives related to reporting, analytics, and systems
- Conduct systems testing, support data conversions, and support local system rollouts
- Collaborate with Program Managers, Product Managers, Engineers, Product Marketing, Sales, and Services personnel to coach, train, and educate on tools, process, and methodology
- Support Product Management on product feedback requests
- Work across functions to help define product and solution requirements
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalents
- 3+ years of experience with SQL, including writing complex queries to extract and analyze large volumes of data
- 3+ years of experience and strong knowledge of one or more reporting tools is required (Looker, Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, or similar)
- Experience with AWS and MPP or columnar databases such as and Amazon Redshift is a plus
- A solid foundation of technology, business, and operational experience is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen including developing knowledge of multiple functions, roles, and customer needs
- The ideal candidate for this role has a passion for both analytics and data mining
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.