Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in Application Security, one of the hottest segments of the security market? Come join our team at Veracode in Burlington, MA!
Veracode is looking for 2 Senior Systems Engineers who exemplify the key attributes of a proactive systems engineer/administrator. These positions will be responsible for administering cloud-based (Public, Private) security SaaS solutions. As a CloudOps practitioner, these individuals will create the foundation to consume resources in the cloud and data center with a policy-defined approach.
- Monitor existing application and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring.
- Driving efforts to standardize across processes and technologies.
- Work alongside CloudOps engineers to achieve project milestones.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Share the responsibility of supporting the environment and products during off-hours.
Required Experience Skills:
- Experienced with Red Hat Linux (v. 6, 7), and/or open source Linux platforms such as CentOS or Ubuntu
- Experience administering systems in VMWare
- Solid understanding of general technical concepts like DNS, DHCP, Load Balancing
- Experience scripting in Bash, Shell and/or Python
- Exposure to configuration and automation tools like Puppet or Chef to set system baselines
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Understanding of server, networking and storage technologies
- Practical understanding of the modern cloud data center infrastructure
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Storage array administration experience a plus
- Exposure to Container and Windows operating systems is a plus
- Previous AWS experience is a plus
- Familiarity working in a Windows and Linux directory integrated environments (Kerberos, Centrify, and\or Active Directory) is a plus
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Capacity Planning is a plus
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.