Veracode is the premier provider of application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes. Our Platform Team is passionate about helping developers build and deploy secure code faster and creates the tools developers need to inject security into DevOps and CI/CD.
We seek an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform Operations team. This is a hands-on development and troubleshooting role that is focused on customer success. We are a DevOps team where developers have a big role in the full lifecycle of software delivery. Daily tasks include defect fixing, code reviews, testing, and operations work. Veracode Engineers use state-of-the-art technologies to design solutions for Enterprise Security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write defect fixes and enhancements to enterprise-level software
- Evaluate patterns in customer issues to identify root causes
- Keep up to date with new applications and techniques to assist in the evolution of our Platform as we move to Microservices and DevOps
- Communicate with project stakeholders and the management team regarding status/direction of projects
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Enthusiastic self-starter with 5+ years of experience working with n-tier Java applications within product development
- Able to work in large relational databases to update and retrieve information
- Exposure to security products and a secure product development lifecycle desired.
- Experience with JBoss, Tomcat
- Strong understanding of DevOps and Object Oriented Design principles
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to present complex, technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Previous experience developing tooling, SDKs or frameworks for other developers.
- Experience with Microservices architecture and development preferred.
- AWS experience preferred.
- Experience sharing the innovative work you do at conferences, meetups, etc.
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.