The Veracode platform scans thousands of applications a day at every stage of the software development process. We strive to be the index of the worlds open source library and vulnerability data and use this data to give our customers actionable insights. Software Composition Analysis (SCA) isn’t just about telling customers about a problem, it’s about helping them view what’s inside the code, where the problems are in that code and then providing actions to take to solve those problems.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test at Veracode, you will work closely with product roadmap developers as part of an Agile Scrum team to deliver the highest quality SaaS-based products in a timely and cost-effective manner. Specific duties and responsibilities include developing and executing comprehensive test plans and test automation, estimating test efforts, analyzing and communicating test results, and defect tracking.
- Develop test plans and test cases for product roadmap features
- Automate those test plans, along with any other repetitive tasks that arise
- Prepare estimates for work in backlog
- Provide ongoing status on pending deliverables and proactively communicate issues
- Complete all assigned work according to schedule and quality requirements
- Acquire knowledge necessary to perform job assignments (technology, product and process)
- Have an eye for edge cases and finding bugs before our customers do
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Java development
- Experience testing/debugging a web or web services application stack; knowledge of web servers, application servers, and databases
- Experience with peer code reviews
- Experience with REST Assured
- Experience with Selenium for development of automated browser-based tests
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other public Cloud platform knowledge
- Familiarity with GitLab and Gitlab CI/CD pipelines
- Linux system administration, including shell scripting
- Passion for security, particularly AppSec
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.