Veracode is widely regarded as the premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our Dynamic Scan Engine Team. Our Dynamic Scan Engine simulates a malicious user by attacking and probing web-based programs to find security flaws. Our services are delivered as a robust software-as-a-service cloud solution built on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Senior member of the team responsible for the design and development of a world class dynamic web security scan engine
- Ability to solve challenging technical problems independently or collaboratively
- Assist junior team members with analysis and implementation of software solutions
- Work with the Engineering Manager, Product Owner, and Scrum Master to clearly outline alternative technical approaches, pros/cons, and risks/mitigations to different projects
- 5-10 years of software development experience overall. 3-6+ years working in Java development.
- Strong Java Development experience (Java 8 functional programming knowledge desired)
- Java Multi-threading knowledge
- Experience with HTTP and Modern Web Applications
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience writing unit tests and performing integration testing early in the software development lifecycle to ensure quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong team player concerned about team & product successes vs. just individual recognition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or other relevant field. (Master’s degree preferred.)
- Knowledge of web security and common flaws (SQL injection, Cross-site Scripting)
- Exposure to security products and a secure product development lifecycle
- Experience with cloud computing environments (preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS))
- Experience working on SaaS Products (ideally in Microservices architecture)
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.