Veracode is the premier provider of application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. For us, data is a strategic advantage that radically improves our customers’ ability to understand and act upon their application vulnerabilities, as well as understanding their level of risk. We process very large volumes of batch and real-time streaming data and transform that data into information that powers critical decisions.
We seek an experienced Data Engineer to join our team and enhance our ability to create, deploy and operate a world-class data engineering system. You will be responsible for developing solutions for an end-to-end pipeline that turns data from our SaaS Application Security Platform into actionable information for our internal and external customers. You will be part of a team consisting of highly skilled data engineers, analysts, and BI developers supporting our ambitious data goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, enhance, and operate an Internet-scale data lake, analytical data warehouse, and embedded BI applications
- Support existing and new analytics and reporting solutions in a production environment
- Translate customer needs into clear and concise analytics that drive value
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Science or Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with data warehouse systems, data modeling, SQL development, ETL and BI design and development
- Experience with BI solutions, preferably Looker
- Experience with Big Data methods, topologies and tools, such as Map/Reduce (e.g. AWS EMR), Apache Spark, etc.
- Experience with database design and data modeling; query tuning and optimization
- Experience with cloud computing a plus, preferably AWS
- Experience with MPP and columnar databases (e.g., AWS Redshift) a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and agile DevOps engineering environment
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.