Are you passionate about leading Agile teams? Do you thrive in a start-up environment, yet seek stability? Are you energized by finding ways to positively impact teams to excel and deliver value to customers? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then our Agile Program Manager / Release Train Engineer (RTE) role here at Veracode may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Our Agile Program Manager employs servant leadership to embrace and support Agile practices in the planning and execution of a program and provides mentoring, coaching, and facilitation across several teams.
The RTE will work with their train toward achieving their objectives committed to during PI planning. Also, this RTE will fill the role of Scrum Master for one scrum team.
- Work with Product Manager, Product Owners, Business Owners, and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure alignment between strategy and execution.
- Facilitate readiness for the Program Increment (PI) planning event (vision, backlog, economic prioritization, and event logistics).
- Facilitate the 2-day PI Planning event
- Facilitate the program level cross-team collaboration activities such as Scrum of Scrums.
- Facilitate all retrospectives for the program level (Inspect & Adapt Workshops) for small to medium-sized value stream.
- Proactively recognize and resolve conflicts between teams/functions through collaboration and consensus.
- Track program risks/impediments and escalate those that cannot be resolved within the program.
- Support and encourage healthy program communication across all levels of the enterprise for small to medium-sized value streams; act as a communications hub between the Portfolio, Program, and Agile Team level roles and activities.
- Foster trust and collaboration across the train; make it safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Foster continuous collaboration; continuously collaborate and communicate across all functions supporting Agile team execution.
- Guide the train towards high performance.
- Promote, coach, train and educate Scrum Masters, trains, teams, and those surrounding the teams on the principles, practices, and value of Agile and SAFe.
- Be a change agent for Agile transformation.
- Collaborate across all functions to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Actively participate in ongoing change management as process, business and technical scope is adjusted.
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; encourage and support development of teams and the program.
- Celebrate success!
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.
- 4 or more years of experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Knowledgeable in SAFe, Agile, Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (excel, powerpoint, comfortable with presenting status summary in program review meetings to management.)
- Facilitation skills to lead a small group.
- Ability to facilitate different approaches to typical Agile work (story sizing approaches, different retrospective techniques, etc.).
- Skilled at instructing, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance and employee development.
- Ability to recognize conflict and support conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Demonstrated Agile behaviors, embracing Agile principles in relentless improvement with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to make decisions independently such as:
- Reprioritizing and managing workload.
- Working with team members to enhance Agile practices.
- Assist with creation and/or delivery of Agile product and project presentations.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- SAFe certification
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.