The Security Architect is a Subject Matter Expert on the topics of secure software development and information security. They have expertise in Veracode services and products and will guide customers and prospects in integrating Veracode automated security testing and services into their Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) across a range of software development methodologies (DevSecOps, Agile, Waterfall, and etc.) to help them get the most value from Veracode solutions.
The Architect will enable customers to achieve their goals securely by considering Customer’s business, technical, and regulatory requirements and then create solutions founded on Veracode’s products and services. The Architect will also help customers to identify opportunities to automate the integration of security testing, assist customers whose security programs are challenged by business and technical difficulties and recommend solutions to overcome them.
- Evaluate customer or prospect’s requirements to identify opportunities for improvement in application security, automation, and optimization.
- Deliver workshops for customers or prospects to help assess the current state of their SDLC, describe and define the desired future state of their secure SDLC, and make recommendations for achieving the desired state through providing best practices for integrating Veracode automation tools into their SDLC.
- Create methodologies for delivering workshops and training for integrating security in the SDLC and DevOps environments and CI/CD pipelines.
- Be consultative and strategic for customers by providing technical expertise around advanced Veracode topics into their environment, including policies, integrations, sandboxes, etc.
- Leverage analytics to identify program trends proactively to ensure we are providing value to customers throughout the relationship.
- Advise customers on usage of Veracode APIs for custom solutions specific to their environment.
- Guide Program Management and Integrations team members on integrating Veracode tools into customers’ architecture and pipelines.
- Assist with mentoring of Veracode team members to ensure they are exposed to advanced application security topics.
- Assist Sales teams during qualified presales opportunities to drive revenue and future expansion.
- Approximately 40% travel is anticipated.
This role requires a rare combination of hard and soft skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer/ Management Information, Systems, Information Security or related field preferred.
- Preference for at least one current recognized security professional certification such as CISSP, CSSLP, CEH, CISM, CISA,ECSA, Security+ or ISO 27001 Lead Auditor.
- Demonstrable experience in application security consulting (5+ years).
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as recognized consultative skills.
- Experience with Veracode’s suite of products (including API’s)
- Software development experience
- Strong understanding of complex data analysis
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.