Our Mission – Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
We are seeking a SaaS Architect to Work at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering, and design and deploy cloud infrastructure heavily using AWS.
- Act as a subject matter expert and bridge between technical and business audiences during solution planning, development, and deployment.
- Provide guidance to end-to-end architecture working across cross functional teams & document design principles on messaging and interaction across components
- To be a technical champion of systems and its interaction at scale
- Provide Platform-as-a-Service offerings that are easy to consume, elastic, secure, and reliable using commercially available Cloud solutions.
- Bring together cross-functional teams and build automation to deliver programmable infrastructure. Design the Cloud, and Container strategy around SaaS Solutions.
- Provide well-informed guidance regarding the application of the platform and other supporting technologies to assist in the deployment of public & private Cloud service offerings. Develop the company’s Public & Private Cloud roadmap and extend functionality.
- Facilitate guidance on definition of done, examine test coverage with focus on scalability, performance and availability
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering and Operations team during and after deployment
- Work with the operations team in complex issues & incidents effecting customer base
- Responsible for the design and implementation of agile-innovative infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization, and commoditization.
- Design cloud platforms and architectures by involving DevOps engineers, senior developers
- No direct reports, and no managerial duties, or responsibilities. Individual contributor level position.
- Oversee all end-to-end architecture including infrastructure, DB, and sw components
- Responsible for evaluation and set-up of organizational state of architecture for our SaaS Solution in AWS
- The ability to answer deep technical questions on Application Architecture and development in the Public Cloud and solutions being recommended through examples or demonstrations
- Will be accountable for legacy architecture and will analyze and define what needs to be migrated
- Drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Drive technology strategy and influence business stakeholders on strategic product direction
- Establishes enterprise wide architecture practices that are used by various architects to ensure Veracode’s vision can be diligently executed upon.
- Translate strategy, architecture and designs into deliverable business solutions that enable the business strategies of the company to be achieved.
- Communicate and collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure cross- architecture integrity is maintained and practiced
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most innovative, reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed solutions
- Deep understanding of infrastructure including web server, app servers, DNS server, load balancing and security posture in DC as well as in AWS
- Hands-on coding, debugging, code reviews, and leadership of the technical team
- 30% Hands On
- 30% Problem solving and deeper understanding of end-to-end system flow
- 40% Team Collaboration, design contribution and documentation
- 15+ years’ experience of software product development experience with 5+ working as a Principal Engineer, Senior Architect, or Distinguished Engineer.
- Hands on and curios … not afraid of the knowns
- Having a performance engineering background with eye to scaling solutions is an added asset
- Publishing design decision and writing white paper experience will be added benefit
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build a strong level of partnership at all levels of the organization. Highly collaborative, able to drive large diverse teams across the world through influence and collaboration.
- Experience in large scale B2B cloud companies with global presence.
- Experience with AWS and associated cloud technologies is a requirement.
- Demonstrated experience with software development at scale, including Agile, SCRUM.
- Proven technical background and acumen stemming from deep understanding and experience across complex products and systems.
- Demonstrated values through leading by example, and an active representation in Veracode architecture council
- Master's degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.