Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in one of the hottest segments of the security market? Come join our team at Veracode!
Veracode is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer who exemplifies the key attributes of a cloud engineer. This position will be responsible for leading the deployment and maintenance of cloud-based (Public, Private) security SaaS solutions. As a CloudOps practitioner, this individual will create the foundation to consume resources in the cloud and data center with a policy defined approach.
- Monitor existing application and infrastructure while working to improve existing monitoring.
- Leading efforts to standardize across process and technologies.
- Work alongside CloudOps engineers to achieve project milestones.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders and management.
- Develop and support processes to maintain uptime, SLAs and availability of critical platform components.
- Share the responsibility of supporting the environment and product during off-hours.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Deep understanding of server, networking and storage technologies
- Practical understanding of the modern cloud data center infrastructure
- Working experience with configuration and automation tools (Puppet, Chef, GitLab Runner, Jenkins)
- Strong programming/scripting skill in Python, PowerShell, Bash
- Familiarity working in a Windows and Linux integrated environment (Kerberos, Centrify, and Active Directory)
- Experienced with Linux/Unix, VMWare, KVM, Container and Windows operating systems
- Solid understanding of general technical concepts like DNS, DHCP, Load Balancing
- SAN Management Experience
- Previous AWS experience is a plus
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Capacity Planning is a plus
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.