As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be an integral part in the expansion and scaling of our business to include adding features to our Static Analysis product portfolio. This position will serve as the technical lead for a class of features that target our customer’s Software Development and DevSecOps organizations to enable application security program throughout their software development lifecycle.
We are small, highly innovative team with a start-up feel, while still having the resources of a successful billion-dollar company. Our open environment stimulates team-work, agile development, and the sharing of innovative ideas/coding practices. You will be responsible for developing the software solution deployed in the Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environment.
- Perform in the role of the team’s technical lead.
- Collaborate closely with senior and junior members of your scrum team to understand and implement your team’s deliverables.
- Ensure adherence to the architectural vision of the product and also ensuring that associated designs follow that vision.
- Bring enthusiasm to the team, participating in design discussions and writing well-designed, testable, performant and high-quality code.
- Participate in writing required technical documentations (design documents, usability guides, test plans, release notes, etc.) as required.
- Participate in estimating the work required for new features or components.
- Be able to mentor the team members helping them to come up to speed on the latest in programming, cloud services, and security technologies.
- Able to make technical decisions without manager consultation.
- Employ continuous learning; build domain expertise and knowledge on processes, systems & tools.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
- 10-12 years of work experience in developing leading edge software.
- Demonstrated technical leadership on a software development team.
- Experience on all aspects of designing, developing, deploying, testing, operating, and monitoring a scalable, performant service through multiple releases
- Experience writing code with scripting languages, Python preferred.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Working experience of AWS components like Lambda, S3, EBS, EC2, SQS, KMS, etc.
- Deploying application through tools like TerraForm.
- Functional knowledge of DB tools like Dynamo DB, Redshift DB, is a plus.
- Programming experience on Java (v. 7+) language, along with understanding of the data architecture and design.
- Understanding of web technology framework, like Spring and others, using latest tool sets.
- Experience with agile development processes, exposure to SAFe is a plus.
- Experience building highly performing, scalable, and configurable software systems, preferably with AWS.
- Working knowledge of CI-CD automation processes and development of deployment pipeline (using Python or other scripting languages).
- Working knowledge of tools like GitLab, Jenkins, JIRA, or other similar tools.
- Experience in API implementation (REST) for distributed service based architectures, would be a big plus.
- Experience debugging issues in deployed services through database queries, log review, console access, jvm profilers, monitoring agents (newrelic or others)
- Exposure to Cloud based operations and / or monitoring tools, like AWS CloudWatch, would be a plus.
- Excellent debugging / coding / problem solving skills expected.
- Be an excellent Team player.
- Demonstrate a growth mind-set, seeks feedback often and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
- Participate in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing expertise within technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participate in domain forums or groups etc.
- Must demonstrate professional written and oral communication skills.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.