The Veracode platform scans thousands of applications a day at every stage of the software development process. We strive to be the index of the worlds open source library and vulnerability data and use this data to give our customers actionable insights. Software Composition Analysis (SCA) isn’t just about telling customers about a problem, it’s about helping them view what’s inside the code, where the problems are in that code and then providing actions to take to solve those problems.
We are looking for someone who wants to help us build the application security platform for modern software development. We make the most of modern tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres and Spring Boot and are constantly shipping new features.
- Implement well designed and well tested APIs that expose our open source knowledge to the world
- Develop scalable, highly available systems within Veracode's microservice architecture
- Maintain Veracode's microservice architecture in our production environment on AWS
- Monitor production Aurora Postgres database(s) in AWS RDS, identifying emerging data-related issues, including system-level and SQL-level performance and database storage utilization, performing tuning and initiating proactive mitigating measures as appropriate; providing data-related incident response; and coordinating with others as necessary.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and consistent attention to detail
- A strong eye for good design and testing to build assurances into the development lifecycle
- An interest in the world of open source
- Curiosity and passion for creating and building new web services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 8+ years experience in Java application development.
- Development experience with Spring / Spring Boot frameworks
- Development and/or Operations experience with a production AWS environment
- Development experience with advanced SQL; Postgres preferred
- Solid skills in database performance monitoring and tuning
- Teamwork oriented
- Passion for cybersecurity
- Proficiency in designing, building, and debugging distributed systems
- A basic understanding of networking concepts including subnets and routing
- Knowledge of containers, including Docker, and Kubernetes
- A mindset to always push for automation with CI/CD systems, such as GitLab CI
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.