As a Front End Principal Software Engineer, you will be an integral part in the expansion and scaling of our business from private data center to public cloud. We’re taking our primary security analysis product to a whole new level of scale and this role will be at the epicenter of that process
We are small, highly innovative team with a start-up feel, while still having the resources of a successful billion-dollar company. Our open environment stimulates team-work, agile development, and the sharing of innovative ideas/coding practices. You will be responsible for developing the software solution deployed in the Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environment.
- Collaborate closely with senior and junior members of your scrum team to understand and implement your team’s deliverables.
- Ensure adherence to the architectural UI/UX of the product and also ensuring that associated designs follow that vision.
- Bring enthusiasm to the team, participating in design discussions and writing well-designed, testable, performant and high-quality code.
- Participate in writing required technical documentations (design documents, usability guides, test plans, release notes, etc.) as required.
- Participate in estimating the work required for changes to the UI/UX and microservices.
- Be able to mentor the team members helping them on technology and coming up to speed on the latest in the technology.
- Able to make work decisions without manager consultation:
- Volunteer for and commit to delivering stories and tasks within the sprint.
- Actively communicate and collaborate within the team.
- Employ continuous learning; build domain expertise and knowledge on processes, systems & tools.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field
- 10-12 years of work experience in developing leading edge software
- Demonstrated technical leadership on a software development team
- Programming experience on Java (v. 8+)
- Understanding of Spring Boot web technology framework and others, using latest tool sets
- In-depth knowledge of microservice architecture and design with RESTful services
- Experience on all aspects of designing, developing, deploying, testing, operating, and monitoring a scalable, performant service through multiple releases in AWS
- Experience with AWS infrastructure:
- Working experience of AWS components like EC2, S3, Lambda functions, EBS/EFS, SNS/SQS, KMS, ECS/EKS, etc.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC), building and deploying application Infrastructure through tools like Terraform
- Functional knowledge of DB tools like MySQL, Dynamo DB is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in agile development models (scrum, SAFe, etc)
- Working knowledge of CI-CD automation processes and development of deployment pipelines in Gitlab
- Working knowledge of tools like GitLab, JIRA, or other similar tools
- Experience debugging issues in deployed services through database queries, log review, console access, jvm profilers, monitoring agents (New Relic or others)
- Exposure to Cloud based operations and / or monitoring tools, like AWS CloudWatch, would be a plus
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.