Our Mission – Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
Veracode is currently looking to hire a Payroll Manager to join our team in our Burlington, MA office. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for providing superior customer service to employees through timely and accurate processing of payroll information and ensuring adherence to federal, state, and local regulations and laws.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Process bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 650+ US employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws using Ultimate Software (UltiPro) HRIS system
- Provide oversight to global payroll processing via external partner; manage vendor relationships and drive accountability for meeting service level agreements
- Streamline and optimize payroll and compliance processes in close partnership with Benefits Administrator, Finance and Sales Operations colleagues
- Maintain payroll operations by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Actively participate in ongoing configuration and maintenance of UltiPro HR system
- Process and audit all payroll deductions, including tax withholdings and other garnishments, 401k and HSA deductions; validate file transfers with carriers and funding of accounts
- Take the lead in resolving payroll discrepancies by researching, collecting and analyzing information
- Provide prompt customer service with timely responses to payroll inquiries from employees
- Register for state, unemployment and local taxes for any new hire living in an unregistered state
- Respond to unemployment claims and employment verifications
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed action
- Responsible for all federal compliance filings, ACA (Affordable Care Act), 5500 (401K and Benefit), Vets-100a, EEO-1, Affirmative Action Plan, FSA Non-discrimination testing
- Ensure the timely completion of all payroll tax reporting requirements and the issuance of W-2s.
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely via HRIS system
- Maintain employee confidentiality and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Experience (7+ years) processing payroll for an organization of 500+ employees
- Extensive knowledge of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
- Experience working with HRIS and business analytics/reporting solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including strong proficiency in Excel (Vlookups, pivot tables) required
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Focus on continuous process improvement to gain efficiency and scale
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Proactive to identify problems and propose solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability of work product
- Results-oriented team player who is dedicated to getting the job done with excellent customer service skills
- Experience with UltiPro and Cognos BI reporting solutions
- Experience with global payroll laws and regulations
This role will have the opportunity to working with individuals cross-functionally at Veracode, including senior leadership, to propose strategies and to report on progress and requirements. There will also be opportunities to present at large and small meetings to educate the business on the progress of Customer Advocacy programs.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.