At Veracode, we have made it our mission to secure the world’s software and keep our customers out of the headlines – at least for security issues. Our cloud-based platform is core to our success. The Platform provides the centralized User Interface and APIs to run highly-effective enterprise security programs.
Veracode is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated Senior Engineering Manager who has the passion to be a strong leader of a high-performance team delivering cloud microservices and infrastructure in a culture of Continuous Deployment and DevSecOps. In this role you will collaborate with the VP of Architecture, Product Managers, User Experience, Engineering Managers, and Customer Support personnel.
- Drive engineering excellence within and across teams.
- Create and drive the vision for the platform Foundation and Application Security microservices along with the strategy/epics to evolve from the monolithic implementation.
- Drive continuous improvement of the DevSecOps and Continuous Deployment culture, pipelines, and infrastructure.
- Be the Product Owner for creation, prioritization, and leadership of epics and stories to support
- Manage epics/stories, non-functional requirements, foundational support to other teams, infrastructure, and pipelines.
- Lead by example and engage in operational monitoring, response, and issue resolution.
- Foster a vibrant, highly-effective culture that values trust, collaboration, and dedication to quality. Incorporate innovation, continuous learning, and mentoring to attract and retain top talent.
- Empower the team to deliver on the product, technical, and operational visions.
Skills and Requirements:
- At least 8 years technology experience with at least 3-5 years in leadership positions.
- Having managed/implemented CI/CD with true continuous deployment of individual stories into microservices running in the cloud.
- Change leader with the ability to engage, coach, and motivate high performing engineers with diverse skills and aptitudes.
- Strong strategic thinker who equally thrives in leading the execution: including bringing products to market, creating new technology and gaining efficiencies through operational initiatives.
- Experience leading a DevSecOps team developing and supporting high uptime SaaS environments.
- Prior working experience developing cloud based applications with focus in Amazon Web Services, Microservices, REST, CI/CD, DevOps, Kubernetes
- Demonstrable knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, Angular technologies.
- Experience with Agile development environment and continuous deployment practices
- Experience managing a distributed engineering team of onshore and offshore people
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.