At Veracode, we make it our mission to secure the world's software and keep our customers out of the headlines - at least for security issues. Our cloud-based SaaS platform is core to our success. We are at a pivotal point in the growth of our business and technology. For the first time we will deploy multiple instances of the platform, complementing the commercial SaaS instance with an instance for Federal customers and (later) instances in geographies that require data sovereignty.
We are hiring a Manager of DevOps to enable this transition. In this role, you will manage Site Reliability and CD Pipelines, driving an evolution of our deployment and monitoring architecture. You will also manage software engineering for Platform as a Service components, used across all Veracode software products.
In addition, you will own deployment and operational management for the Federal SaaS instance. Where the Federal Instance differs from the mainline, you will manage code changes and certification.
This is a strategic role with responsibility for establishing and implementing technology direction while ensuring deployment effectiveness and operational quality. You will report to the Director of DevOps and work collaboratively with Architecture, Product Managers, User Experience and Engineering leaders. This is an exceptionally smart, fun, and energetic team, who love working for Veracode, as well as working with each other.
There are two broad areas of responsibility, DevOps Enablement and managing SaaS Instance Deployments.
- Manage a team to deliver enablement services to the engineering organization. These include release engineering, CI/CD pipeline, build tools and environments, and network engineering. Provide tools, process, and support for Veracode's transition to DevOps from traditional development-with-operations.
- Manage a Site Reliability team to develop tools and process to ensure a healthy SaaS environment, e.g. monitoring tools, latency and intra-service SLAs, monitoring and alerting infrastructure.
- Manage development and operation of PaaS secure enablement software, including API gateway, Web gateway, Token Service, Messaging service.
- Work across Engineering on purchasing, license management and cost. Collaborate with Finance to anticipate budget and operate within budget.
- Foster a vibrant, highly effective culture that values trust, collaboration, and dedication to quality. Incorporate innovation, continuous learning, and mentoring to attract and retain top talent.
FedRAMP and SaaS Instances:
- Manage the engineering team designing, implementing and maintaining Veracode SaaS for Federal customers. Lead engineering for the customization of our service to Federal customers.
- Maintain the FedRAMP instance and manage patching and compliance scanning as needed,
- Align technical and non-technical stakeholders; clearly translate customer needs into technical product requirements for Federal and international customers.
- Develop the deployment strategy to support multiple instances and lead the team as you execute the strategy.
- 5+ years technology experience in high-growth companies with at least 3 years in leadership positions.
- Track record of building and managing highly effective operations and software development teams.
- Experience leading an enterprise platform team supporting high uptime SaaS environments. Prior working experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Microservices; CI/CD.
- Experience with network architecture topology design, including network security.
- Experience managing on-site, off-site and off-shore resources.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate technical and executive audiences.
- Experience with compliance audits, controls, gap analysis and remediation processes.
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.