As one of our Java Developers here at Veracode, you will be an integral part in the development and improvement of our most powerful and widely used product lines. WE are a leader in the Application Security Testing field and Veracode is changing the way developers write code and validate it for security vulnerabilities. As part of a truly collaborative team, you will work directly with developers who are building a cloud-based Dev-Ops product solution, for analyzing the code early in the development cycle and responding with security related flaws to the developers at an early stage.
We are small, highly innovative team with a start-up feel, while still having the resources of a successful billion-dollar company. Our open environment stimulates teamwork, agile development, and the sharing of innovative ideas/coding practices.
- Collaborate closely with senior members of your scrum team to understand and implement your team’s deliverables.
- Ensure adherence to the architectural vision of the product and also ensuring that associated designs follow that vision.
- Bring enthusiasm to the team, participating in design discussions and writing well-designed, testable, performant and high-quality code.
- Participate in writing required technical documentations (design documents, usability guides, test plans, release notes, etc.) as required.
- Participate in estimating the work required for new features or components.
- Able to make work decisions with manager consultation:
- Commit to delivering stories and tasks within the sprint.
- Actively communicate and collaborate within the team.
- Employ continuous learning; build domain expertise and knowledge on processes, systems & tools.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
- Excellent programming experience on Java (v. 7+) language, along with understanding of the data architecture and design.
- Understanding of latest web technology frameworks using latest tool sets.
- 2-5 years of work experience in developing leading edge interactive software and delivering the software to the Cloud systems, AWS preferred.
- Working experience of AWS components like Lambda, S3, EBS, EC2, etc.
- Deploying application through cloud tools like TerraForm, Ansible, AWS Cloudformation, etc.
- Experience writing code with scripting languages (Python preferred).
- Experience with agile development processes (exposure to SAFe is a plus).
- Experience building highly performing, scalable, and configurable software systems, preferably with AWS.
- Working knowledge of CI-CD automation processes and development of deployment pipeline (using Python or other scripting languages).
- Working knowledge of tools like GitLab, Jenkins, JIRA, or other similar tools.
- Experience in API implementation (REST) for distributed service based architectures, would be a big plus.
- Excellent debugging / coding / problem solving skills expected.
- Be a Team player.
- Demonstrate a growth mind-set, seeks feedback often and is effective in continuous personal and professional development.
- Participate in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing expertise within technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participate in domain forums or groups etc.
- Must demonstrate professional written and oral communication skills.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.