Veracode is seeking a motivated and energetic individual who thrives on working with APIs to create customized integration solutions. The Technical Support Engineer will focus on supporting customers who integrate their application security-related processes with the Veracode service.
Veracode customers have used our APIs to integrate Veracode into their SDLC, including build server integration, developer desktop productivity, IDE integration and bug tracking automation.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will:
- Handle email reports, web-to-case reports and customer calls regarding technical issues related to the use of the Veracode service
- Learn/support the standard XML and REST Veracode service and Veracode APIs
- Re-produce and resolve complex technical issues in a timely manner
- Use the Veracode CRM system to log, track, and manage reported issues
- Create knowledge base solutions on key customer topics
- Be knowledgeable on application security concepts
- Transfer knowledge to customers and co-workers
- Interact with Veracode customers to develop and demonstrate integration solutions
- Develop, manage, and maintain productized integrations
- Develop and maintain API sample code
- Create and maintain application notes and API documentation
- Re-produce and resolve complex customer API/integration issues
- Work with the Veracode product strategy team to file and track customer enhancement requests
- Deliver online Integration product demos for new and existing customers
- Participate in Integration Engineering Support activities including bug reports and fixes
This position requires a motivated individual that strives to find solutions that align with client needs while providing a repeatable solution(s) that can be reused across multiple programs. It will require constant and effective communication with internal/external cross-functional teams. This individual will have the opportunity and freedom to cultivate new and innovative solutions which will benefit our entire client base.
- 4 year college education in Computer Science, Engineering or related field,
- 4+ years of recent software development experience in DevOps and CI/CD programming environments.
- Experience with Swagger framework and RESTful Web services.
- Expertise with Python or other scripting languages
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following:
- Visual Studio and .NET
- LINUX and / or IOS
- Hudson, Jenkins, or Cruise Control
- Databases analysis and troubleshooting
- Client requirement gathering, prioritization and scoping experience
- TCP/IP and HTTP network analysis and troubleshooting experience
- Salesforce CMS
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong oral communication skills in English and good presentation/teaching skills.
- Strong technical online product demonstration in pre/post sales activities using tools like WebEx or Zoom
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a collaborative team environment
Additional Skills & Experiences:
- Experience with Application security at different stages of application lifecycle
- Experience building and maintaining a lab for demonstrating and troubleshooting reference integration implementations
- Web Application development and debugging knowledge
- SaaS product experience.
- Web applications and software security knowledge a plus
- Consulting background, integration experience and/or business intelligence experience
This role will have the opportunity to working with individuals cross-functionally at Veracode, including senior leadership, to propose strategies and to report on progress and requirements. There will also be opportunities to present at large and small meetings to educate the business on the progress of Customer Advocacy programs.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.