Veracode IP Factory is seeking to hire an Incident Commander to join our Operations team. This role will participate in the major incident process for a 24/7 operation. This requires tight integration with Infrastructure operations team, different functional operations teams, Service Management team and executive team. The Major Incident Coordinator is a point-of-contact for major incident response. Available 24/7, the Major Incident Coordinator works in close collaboration with technical teams to facilitate and coordinate response and resolution throughout the lifecycle of major incidents.
The role will also be responsible for problem management and incident and problem trend analysis. Critical to this role is understanding customer impact in a complex environment and the ability to quickly assess what functional operations team may be needed for the timely resolution of any major incident.
This role is expected to perform after hours support as authorized and required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the ongoing review of the major incident management and problem management process, including design, documentation and implementation.
- Direct activities and establish command and control during major incidents.
- Coordinate and drive all activities during the incident.
- Review all incident reports for accuracy.
- Track and trend all incidents on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Share applicable information to Executive team monthly.
- Schedule and conduct Root cause analysis ceremonies in Agile fashion (Retrospectives)
- Communicate critical issues to services leadership and coordinate customer messaging.
- Facilitate Incident Management meetings.
- Facilitate and record minutes with the signature sheet for each meeting.
- Ensure executive status updates are provided during recovery activities.
- Ensure event details are gathered and appropriately documented to support post incident reviews, problem management and root-cause analysis as well as communications to executive and customer teams.
- Conduct awareness campaigns and training on the major incident and problem management processes.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to be calm in stressful situations.
- Must be able to follow oral and written direction.
- Must be able to adjust in changing priorities and the various details of the job.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.