Veracode is a leader in the application security business and helps organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our platform and services help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost-effectively secure software assets that our customers make, buy or sell.
Our Hands-on Software Architect will be joining the technical leadership team for our core platform. You will be working alongside security experts and developers and test automation engineers, as well as other architects. You will help design new features and products and oversee design of the infrastructure and communication between different products and services. You will participate in the Architects Council and collaborate with other architects on the review of new products.
At this time, Veracode is unable to sponsor or transfer any visas for employment in the U.S. We therefore cannot consider any applicants that would require such sponsorship to work with us.
- Senior member of the team who is responsible for analysis, design and development of new products and features to meet new customer requirements. Helps in conceptualizing the software architecture.
- Collaborate closely with senior team members and other architects
- Ensures adherence of the development team to the architectural vision of the product and also ensuring that associated designs follow that vision and ensure compliance with best security practices
- Collaborate with other members of the team, engineering managers, product management, product owners, quality engineering team members, and documentation writers to ensure appropriate implementation of business requirements
- Participate in architecture guild meetings and help advance all Veracode products towards modern technologies. Participate and help with POCs when needed.
- Assume a mentoring role for other developers, building the skills of less experienced team members, and proactively suggesting process improvements
- Participates in the writing of technical documents (functional specifications, design documents, architecture diagrams ) as required
- Help Estimate the work required for new features.
- Bachelors in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience (Masters preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years with software development experience in a fast-paced environment, working through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Expert in these areas: Java, OOD, UI technologies, Open Source tools
- Working knowledge of Databases – SQL and no SQL.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and working with Microservices and Spring Boot framework.
- Strong experience in Cloud application development domain including knowledge of security concerns and multi-tenant service level agreements. (AWS is strongly preferred.)
- Experience developing and deploying SaaS applications and services into production.
- Understanding of state of the art User Interfaces in latest web technologies
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and guiding developers and being a technical lead
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other public Cloud platform knowledge
- Familiarity with GitLab, CI/CD pipelines, SOAPUI, Jenkins and SonarQube
- Linux system administration, including shell scripting
- Passion for security, particularly AppSec
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.