Veracode is a leader in the ever-evolving Application Security Testing world. We continue what is now over a decade of rapid growth and offer not only a number of powerful SaaS-based products to solve our client’s problems, but also additional services and platforms to help them better leverage our services and fully realize the added value we can bring to their business.
We are looking to add an accomplished Engineer Manager to our leadership team working on our flagship Static Analysis product. You will be working alongside security experts and leading a team of developers, test automation engineers and a scrum master. This team is responsible for supporting new features using full stack -- user interface, middleware, databases, API, and AWS Microservices.
- Responsible for team health – employee happiness and retention, engineering excellence, and leading high velocity teams
- Responsible for the successful delivery of projects – as defined by the content, quality, performance and time to market.
- Develops the release plan for projects and proactively addresses deviations from plan in collaboration with the RTE, product owner, scrum master, product manager, and other team members.
- Identifies risks and impediments, and ensures recommendations are provided - resulting in resolution of issues.
- Establishes metrics and reporting required to track progress of project and ensure transparency into project health
- Evaluates the implications of technical issues in the context of the business and sets direction accordingly.
- Responsible for effectiveness of the agile project team and its evolution to be more self-managing through collaboration with the scrum master.
- Applies situational leadership when managing people – to allow for maximum self-empowerment of both individuals and teams while at the same time ensuring that the business deliverables are fulfilled.
- Drives changes in processes to continually improve effectiveness of work delivery over time
- Works across the global organization to ensure the success of people and projects in every geography
- Serves as a change agent
- Modifies communication style to fit the expectations of the audience
- Owns the overall performance management of each individual in the team – including providing frequent performance feedback & guidance and conducting formal annual reviews
- Sets, communicates, and monitors performance & development goals and achievements on an on-going basis for self and team
- Bachelors in Engineering / Computer Science or relevant field (Masters is ideal)
- Minimum of 10 years software development experience in a fast-paced environment, working through all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience, leading software development teams
- Deep experience working with: Java, Object Oriented Design, UI technologies, Open Source tools.
- Strong experience with Cloud technologies (ideally AWS-based systems).
- Experience developing RESTful API and Microservice architecture concepts.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (SAFe Agile experience a plus).
- Experience developing and deploying SaaS applications and services into production using CI/CD tools is strongly desired.
- Experience in SaaS/Cloud application development domain including security concerns and multi-tenant service level agreements is desired.
- Prior experience with building state of the art User Interfaces in latest web technologies is desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.