Our Mission – Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
We are seeking a Director of Engineering Business Operations to work within our Engineering group. The selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating business reviews and planning activities across the R&D organization in support of our business strategy. In this role, you will be involved in collaboration with R&D leaders to drive content of operational reviews. You will be required to have an understanding and a break down business drivers. You will have operational responsibilities, lead fiscal planning, validate with product management, partners, G&A and the sales organization. Strong project management skills are required. You will have responsibility for the success and operational efficiency of our product group.
- Formulate and manage the agenda of the leadership team. Based on strategic priorities, identify the areas of focus and identify metrics for success. Evaluate progress against these metrics.
- Work with the R&D leadership team and others to translate strategy into deliverables that can be measured and managed.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the R&D leadership team. Form and share perspectives on how we can improve on a wide variety of topics (e.g., operating model, team culture, cross-department collaboration, transparency).
- Help us communicate clearly to internal and external audiences - Hone, articulate and craft the messaging around our department's vision, strategy, impact, learnings and roadmap. Figure out and refine over time the most effective channels, media, emphasis and tone for each key audience. Hands-on creation of strategic communications (e.g., Board of Directors deck, internal exec meeting decks, departmental all-hands materials, monthly department newsletter). Create processes to efficiently generate quality content as we scale.
- Run and optimize our quarterly OKR + roadmap planning cycle. Drive agenda and content creation for quarterly full-department meetings and annual strategy offsite.
- Create and/or maintain an internal "wiki" page with up-to-date and relevant content, and an internal team blog to help keep the team connected, energized and aligned.
- Drive implementation of strategic initiatives - Ensure alignment around, transparency into and crisp execution of follow-through for cross-department initiatives (i.e., Office 365 implementation, cloud migration, automation, etc.)
- KPIs: Develop and track key KPIs across the team to track strategic goals, milestones and accomplishments.
- Framework: Establish a structure and cadence of program and operations reviews to increase visibility, drive alignment, and resolve blockers.
Big Pillars of Work:
- Optimization — Looking for and addressing gaps and inefficiencies across the organization.
- Interface — What are the critical interfaces between this leadership team and other organizations in the company, and how can this resource help strengthen those interfaces?
- Plan — How we will design and orchestrate our strategy and planning efforts to get the best results?
- Measure — How are we inspecting our progress, and how do we hold ourselves accountable for achieving our desired results?
- Key Business Capabilities — Prioritizing what the organization needs to be great at and then influencing how orchestrated investments in people, processes, and technology drive the advancement of such capabilities.
- Critical Interfaces & Dependencies — Clarifying and overseeing connection points within the unit and with other organizational functions.
- Governance — Defining the critical recurring interactions, inspection mechanisms, and decision rules to ensure strong project execution.
- Super Organizer — Because this role is often brought in to help bring order to things, the individual needs to be a methodical organizer.
- Get Stuff Done Reputation —The Principal and the leadership team need to know that responsibilities or tasks that fall to this role are guaranteed to get done. The role should have a reputation for never dropping the ball.
- Trusted Operator — The role is often exposed to sensitive or confidential information in the normal course of executing the role. So this resource will have proven experience in managing such information in confidence and with discretion.
- Expert Facilitator - A day-to-day part of the role requiring managing conversations, synthesizing multiple points of view, and aligning on direction…all in an impartial and professional way. The individual needs demonstrated temperament and tools to facilitate and land a wide variety of conversations at various levels of the organization.
- 10+ years working in a technology / software development company.
- Experience in a SaaS-based company.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and planning at a strategic level. Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute project plans to achieve objectives.
- Excellence in establishing critical measurements to track progress against goals.
- Communication, presentation, leadership, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, rapid-growth, highly collaborative environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect managers and teams toward new objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant major.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.