We seek an experienced Data Team Engineering Manager to join our team and enhance our ability to create, deploy and operate a world-class data engineering, analytics, reporting, and data science system. You will be responsible for leading the team developing solutions for an end-to-end pipeline that turns data from our SaaS Application Security Platform into actionable information for our internal and external customers. You will lead a team consisting of highly skilled data engineers, analysts, and BI developers supporting our ambitious data goals; this includes mentoring, hiring, and managing. You will drive discussions around the evolution of data as a product at Veracode, collaborating with stakeholders across the company. In short, you will be responsible for data at Veracode.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, enhance, and operate an Internet-scale data lake, analytical data warehouse, and embedded BI applications
- Support existing and new analytics and reporting solutions in a production environment
- Translate customer needs into clear and concise analytics that drive value
- Work with engineering and architecture leadership on defining the data, analytics, and data science roadmaps, and execute on that roadmap
- Facilitate discussions around design, cost, tradeoffs, performance, and scaling
- Build, mentor, and manage a highly skilled team of data engineers and BI developers
Education and Experiencee:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Science or Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with data warehouse systems, data modeling, SQL development, data lake architectures, and ETL and BI design
- Experience with BI solutions (preferably Looker) and Big Data methods, topologies and tools (e.g., Map/Reduce (e.g. AWS EMR), Apache Spark, AWS Glue)
- Experience with database design and data modeling, including MPP and columnar databases
- Experience with cloud computing, preferably AWS
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and agile DevOps engineering environment
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.