We are seeking a professional who is passionate about developing high quality data solutions. You will partner with Veracode’s product teams to architect and implement a data strategy to support the technical evolution of the Veracode Application Security Platform, transforming data into actionable information. You will be a member of an extended agile team of highly skilled software and data engineering professionals and support the ambitious goals of our initiatives by delivering high-quality data solutions that delight our internal users and external users.
- Lead the architecture, design, and governance of the Veracode big data strategy.
- Implement measures to ensure the accessibility and accuracy of all Veracode data.
- Research and suggest tools and technologies to improve data lake access, ingestion, storage, and processing methods.
- Collaborate with product, software and architecture teams to review and make recommendations about the distributed data model for Veracode products.
- Stay up to date about compliance, regulatory and emerging industry standards and their impacts on Veracode data solutions.
- Monitor, refine and report on the performance of data management systems
- Work closely with and support Veracode data scientists to develop data solutions and algorithms.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years architecting and delivering commercial cloud-based data lake solutions
- Extensive hands-on experience programming relational and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience with a Big Data ecosystem using technologies such as Amazon RedShift, Amazon Spectrum, Elastic Map Reduce
- Experience implementing data acquisition solutions using data streaming technologies such as AWS Kenesis and Apache Kafka.
- Experience with enterprise business intelligence and analytics software; Looker a plus.
- Working knowledge of machine learning development with Apache Spark, R, Python
- Highly analytical, proactive and detail oriented.
- Approaches complex data challenges with a clear eye on what is important using the right methods to make the maximum use of time and human resources.
- Continuous delivery and deployment using Agile Methodologies
- Data modeling of relational and dimensional databases
- Metadata management, data lineage, data governance, especially as related to Big Data
- Structured, Unstructured, Semi-Structured Data techniques and processes
- Excellent communicator and collaborator across multiple technical and business stakeholders and leaders
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, CA Technologies application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.