This role will have responsibility for supporting Veracode’s teams worldwide across various commercial functions. The position reports directly to the General Counsel of Veracode. The Corporate Counsel will be expected to perform a wide variety of hands on legal work, including commercial licensing, confidentiality, intellectual property and compliance matters. The individual performing this role will have excellent commercial acumen and develop a deep understanding of the company’s business and commercial drivers, including the ability to evaluate and balance both legal and business drivers in providing advice.
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts, including Software as a Service (SaaS) contracts, software license agreements, NDAs, services, partner, consulting and vendor agreements;
- Identify and explain non-standard terms and associated risks to internal business owners;
- Support the General Counsel in compliance matters;
- Contribute to the training and supervision of company staff responsible for supporting commercial agreement reviews and compliance processes;
- Advise on legal relationships with customers, including terms and conditions, warranties, and tender processes;
- Coordinate with and assist the General Counsel and internal stakeholders with the maintenance and development of Veracode’s intellectual property portfolio;
- Assist the General Counsel in the development of appropriate approaches to intellectual property dispute resolution;
- Assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and drive process-oriented improvements; and
- Provide general day-to-day legal advice and carry out or assist with other related duties, as needed.
- 4-6 years of cross-functional advisor experience in an in-house setting, experience with SaaS transactions and SLED and Federal government contracting a plus.
- JD from an accredited US law school.
- Admitted to the Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and in good standing.
- Experience working at a multinational technology company.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage legal risks for complex commercial transactions.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to provide business oriented legal advice, and demonstrate strong commercial acumen while exercising the highest ethics and integrity.
Skills and Attributes:
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and be service oriented in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Able to work as part of a team to ensure commercial contracts are executed quickly and accurately, while minimizing risk and ensuring the Company’s commercial teams are fully supported.
- Sense of humor, a commitment to professionalism, and exceptional judgement.
Business travel of approximately 10 percent yearly is expected for this position.
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.