Our Mission – Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their development processes.
One of our fastest growing services is our Application Security Consulting, where our in-house consultants work directly with our client’s developers and their leadership to provide coaching on where they make security coding flaws and the best way to remediate those vulnerabilities.
We are looking to add an Associate Application Security Consultant (ASC) to our team to support our clients. Our ASC will be responsible for instructing developers on coding best practices and be exposed to coding practices from a wide-range of industries, gaining a wealth of experience from teams using the latest technologies.
As an Associate Application Security Consultant, you will provide consultative services to Veracode customers.
- Introduce customers and prospects to the use of Veracode services acting as Subject Matter Expert on Veracode solutions purchased.
- Interact with a variety of customer personnel, including software developers up to security executives.
- Primary tasks will include coaching/training developers and security teams on how to address/fix security issues detected within their product’s code by purchased Veracode solutions.
- Share application security best practices with client developers and provide training when requested. Demystifying security vocabulary for client developers/teams where needed.
- Review and render dispositions on Client’s Security Mitigation Proposals. Make recommendations as to whether their proposals will conform and address relevant security issues or propose further changes needed in their plans.
- Scope client requests for breadth and depth of review work
- Work with the Veracode product strategy team to improve upon Veracode Solutions
- Manage real-time chat, and build security presence on the Veracode Community.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of recent software development experience--either professionally or as an Open Source contributor, or an avid hobbyist.
- Some understanding of application-level security and secure coding practices.
- Hands-on experience with common IDE’s: Eclipse and/or Visual Studio.
- Client requirement gathering, prioritization and scoping experience.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Strong oral communication skills and good presentation/teaching skills. Resource must be a strong Collaborator.
- Familiarity with as many of the following standards as possible: CWE, OWASP, and SANS-25
- Experience with source code analysis and interactive application security testing products.
- Understanding of common risk mitigation practices and technologies such as firewalls, ACLs and multi-factor access controls.
- JIRA, Jenkins, TFS, and AWS
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.