Job Posting: Application Support Engineer
Our Mission – Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
Veracode is seeking a motivated and energetic individual who thrives on working with customers to resolve complex technical issues. The Application Support Engineer will focus on supporting customers who have questions or issues pertaining to the use of the Veracode Service.
As an Application Support Engineer you will:
- Handle customer requests, incidents and inbound calls regarding technical issues related to the use of the Veracode Service.
- Learn/support the standard Veracode service and Veracode APIs
- Achieve proficiency of Veracode’s CRM system to log, track, and manage reported issues
- Ensure all calls/issues are logged with appropriate detail
- Re-produce and work with Operational/Engineering teams to resolve complex technical issues in a timely manner
- Provide regular updates to customers and End to end ownership of all reported cases through to closure
- Assess, prioritize and manage workload ensuring SLOs are met
- Require constant and effective communications with internal/external cross-functional teams
- Liaise with all Global Veracode offices using a “Follow the Sun” approach
- Identify and work towards Process Improvements
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Create knowledge base articles to enhance the reuse of technical knowledge
- Deepen your knowledge on application security concepts
- Become a SME on Veracode Products & Services
- Transfer knowledge to customers and co-workers
- Work with the Veracode product strategy team to file and track product enhancement requests from customers
This position requires a team player who is motivated to learn, and who strives to find timely solutions to complex technical issues. It will require constant and effective communications with internal/external cross-functional teams. This individual will have the opportunity and freedom to cultivate new and innovative support solutions that will benefit Veracode’s entire client base.
Minimum Requirements & Skills :
- 4 year college education in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years in a Technical Customer Support related role
- Client requirement gathering, prioritization and scoping experience
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong oral communication skills in English and good presentation/teaching skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to apply these skills cooperatively in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with Java, C#, Python, cURL scripting for purposes of automation etc.
- SaaS experience
- Experience using Salesforce and JIRA
- Security knowledge a plus
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2019 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.