Looking for an innovative, high-growth company in one of the hottest segments of the security market? Come join our team at Veracode! We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing team.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for order processing of contracts from booking to billing, cash management and bank reconciliations, collections and accounts receivable aging analysis, managing vendor payments, accruals & purchase orders and working on special projects as determined by Management.
May include any one or more of the following:
- Review and process new contracts, ensuring all four revenue recognition criteria have been satisfied
- Review and ensure accurate billings for invoice processing throughout the month
- Ensure integrity of customer information and contract documentation
- Gather and validate existence of appropriate approvals in accordance with documented policies
- Request (or Enter) all necessary changes to the information in Netsuite as delegated/authorized. Examples may include contract cancels, invoice credits and customer contact information updates
- Manage Accounts Receivable processing from collections to A/R aging analysis
- Cash Management through applications of customer payments to reconciliation of company bank accounts
- Assist in training of new hires on business applications and procedures
- Maintain written procedures and process
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
Typically 2 or more years in an office environment, preferably in a finance or business related role. General knowledge of software contracting. Ability to read and analyze contracts
Skills & Competencies
- Detail Oriented
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills
- Strong sense of urgency and willingness to take ownership
- Self-motivated professional
- Ability to Multi-Task while adhering to various departmental deadlines
- Work extended hours when necessary
- Excellent written/oral communication
- Outstanding customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Netsuite knowledge a plus.
More About Working at Veracode
Veracode, application security business, is a leader in helping organizations secure the software that powers their world. Veracode’s SaaS platform and integrated solutions help security teams and software developers find and fix security-related defects at all points in the software development lifecycle, before they can be exploited by hackers. Our complete set of offerings help customers reduce the risk of data breaches, increase the speed of secure software delivery, meet compliance requirements, and cost effectively secure their software assets- whether that’s software they make, buy or sell.
Veracode serves more than 1,400 customers across a wide range of industries, including nearly one-third of the Fortune 100, three of the top four U.S. commercial banks and more than 20 of Forbes’ 100 Most Valuable Brands. Learn more at www.veracode.com, on the Veracode blog, on Twitter and in the Veracode Community.
At Veracode you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, Veracode’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.
We are equal opportunity employers. As such, it is our corporate policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of the candidate’s race, color, sex, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military status, veteran status or any other protected group status.
Contact for Veracode:
Copyright © 2018 Veracode, Inc. All rights reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.