Security professionals, analysts, and headlines all seem to agree that many of the most critical vulnerabilities discovered and exploited today are happening on the application layer. Organizations around the world are redirecting their efforts to find and fix these flaws. Thought leaders in the security field are calling for others to follow in their efforts to ensure applications from the entirety of their software supply chain — especially third-party vendors — are being held to the same standard as internally developed apps. While this transition is far from complete, it brings up the question, “what's next?” In the sixth installment of our Future of Application Security survey video series we asked industry experts where they thought the future of application security will be.
Where is the future of application security leading?
Watch Our Other Video Surveys
- Video 1: When will the number of data breach incidents per year finally begin to fall?
- Video 2: How can security professionals promote growth and innovation at their organizations?
- Video 3: What methods are best to involve software development teams in application security?
- Video 4: What’s the best way to work with vendors and suppliers on application security?
- Video 5: What are the limitations of on-premise software versus a cloud solution?
- Video 6: What is future of application security?
- Video 7: If You Had an Application Security Monster in Your Corner What Problem Would it Attack?