Cloud computing has been around for decades and many of the most widely used platforms today are cloud solutions. Google, Amazon, Microsoft, IBM, Salesforce, Oracle, and Zoho are among some of the most well-known cloud vendors offering cloud-based solutions. If you use the internet on a regular basis chances are, you’re already a cloud consumer. In the security space there’s been a slower adoption of some cloud solutions for a number of reasons, among them the outdated notion that the cloud is inherently less secure. As progressive organizations seek the best possible solution for addressing the challenge of application security, they’re looking for speed, scale, and simplicity. These are the exact limitations of on-premises software. Which brings us to our next question in the Future of Application Security video series. See what our professionals have to say on the topic in the video survey below.
What are the limitations of on-premises software versus a cloud solution?
Watch Our Other Video Surveys
- Video 1: When will the number of data breach incidents per year finally begin to fall?
- Video 2: How can security professionals promote growth and innovation at their organizations?
- Video 3: What methods are best to involve software development teams in application security?
- Video 4: What’s the best way to work with vendors and suppliers on application security?
- Video 5: What are the limitations of on-premises software versus a cloud solution?
- Video 6: What is future of application security?
- Video 7: If You Had an Application Security Monster in Your Corner What Problem Would it Attack?