It seems that everyone working in information security today has an opinion about how enterprises can best secure their application infrastructures. That’s why we here at Veracode decided to tap the “wisdom of crowds” and ask security folks their opinions on some hairy industry topics. Where better to catch these thought leaders than at the recent RSA Conference 2014, held in San Francisco? So it’s with some fanfare that we announce the Future of Application Security survey – a new web video series that will attempt to answer key questions about where the fight to secure our software will lead next. We’ll ask about the roles of security teams, software developers and even software vendors in combating the sizable threats we all face. This first video answers the question:
When will the number of data breach incidents per year finally begin to fall?
In it, we’ve aggregated opinions from a variety of players with a stake in securing business software – from developers to security managers to a CTO. The clip is only 2:00 long, so well worth a look.
Now we want to hear YOUR answer. Take a minute to send us a tweet with your response and Tweet #FutureofAppSec
or @Veracode. You can leave your longer comments below. Heck, we’ll even post your video if you want to make one. Be sure to tell us your title and application security role, if not where you work. Hopefully together we’ll start a conversation that will get our industry thinking about the common challenges we face. Be sure to check Veracode’s social feeds or back here for the next video survey question. We’ll post a new video approximately every week from now until June.
Watch Our Other Video Surveys
- Video 1: When will the number of data breach incidents per year finally begin to fall?
- Video 2: How can security professionals promote growth and innovation at their organizations?
- Video 3: What methods are best to involve software development teams in application security?
- Video 4: What’s the best way to work with vendors and suppliers on application security?
- Video 5: What are the limitations of on-premises software versus a cloud solution?
- Video 6: What is future of application security?
- Video 7: If You Had an Application Security Monster in Your Corner What Problem Would it Attack?
Join the conversation!