With larger companies increasing their security protections, small-medium businesses (SMBs) are now the low-hanging fruit for cyber criminals. Almost 75% of data breaches investigated are focused on companies with less than 100 employees. Yet surprisingly, more than two-thirds of business owners surveyed believe that their data and devices are safe and secure. The discrepancy suggests that many SMBs are not even aware that they’ve been attacked.
Most businesses remain underinvested when it comes to securing all their software – much of which is externally sourced from vendors. Increases in the use of mobile computing, cloud services and social media in recent years have only worsened the threats SMBs face. With the costs of recovery from a single breach incident climbing, security misconceptions among business owners amount to a dangerous disconnect that threatens business continuity, intellectual property and employee/customer data.
Why are applications the leading cyber-attack vector?
Attackers have turned their attention to vulnerabilities in web-facing applications because they’re:
- Constantly exposed to the Internet and easy to probe from the outside.
- Easier to attack thanks to common software bugs, freely available scanners, and a global malicious hacker marketplace.
- Continuously changing with short development cycles driven by new development methodologies such as agile and continuous deployment.
- Assembled from a hybrid combination of in-house development, outsourced code, third-party libraries and open source components — with little visibility into sourcing potential vulnerabilities.
- Vulnerable with a larger attack surface and greater use of client-side logic thanks to Web 2.0 and mobile apps, among other technologies.
The most widely used cloud-based platform for securing web, mobile, legacy and third-party applications.
Fact is, more than 500 organizations trust our simpler and more scalable approach to secure their application infrastructures — including hundreds of SMBs like yours. We’ve analyzed tens of thousands of applications for threats and we've been a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader since 2010.
Using our smart, cloud-based and programmatic approach to application-layer security, you can drive your innovations to market faster — without draining your precious budget on consultants and hardware — and without sacrificing security in the process.