Simplify SOX compliance with automated testing tools.
While the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) has created new complexities for application security testing, automated testing solutions can help to manage SOX compliance more easily and effectively.
SOX compliance requires public companies to have independent auditing of financial systems, applications and processes to ensure the integrity of financial information. Since software drives many of the financial controls used to detect or prevent errors in financial results, enterprise application security is a critical part of SOX compliance. But attempting to secure compliance with in-house resources can quickly overwhelm IT teams and drain IT budgets.
That’s where CA Veracode can help. With solutions to embed automated application security controls into the software development lifecycle, CA Veracode helps public companies to cost-effectively manage application security risks and achieve SOX compliance, and to comply with other regulatory frameworks such as PCI DSS 6.5.
SOX compliance solutions from CA Veracode
CA Veracode’s on-demand application security testing services and grey box testing tools enable companies and development teams to embed testing into processes and development lifecycles as an automated control that cost-effectively promotes SOX compliance. CA Veracode’s platform not only automates testing and analysis but also provides reporting dashboards and detailed actionable findings for rapid remediation. Companies also get audit-ready proof of SOX compliance, showing that application controls are in place to develop and maintain applications in accordance with security and processing integrity policies and requirements.
CA Veracode Policy Manager includes a dashboard that provides a centralized view of internal and third-party applications along with information about how well each application is conforming to security policies. Through an easy-to-use interface, CISOs can track compliance requirements and let users assign predefined or custom security policy options to specific applications, including recommendations for remediation timelines based on the severity of flaws.
Demonstrate SOX compliance more easily.
CA Veracode’s independent application security testing lets you demonstrate SOX compliance with specific sections of Sarbanes-Oxley Act following the COBIT framework:
- AI2 Acquire and Maintain Application Software – CA Veracode’s solutions let you identify risks and address requirements as part of the SDLC.
- AI5 Procure IT Resources –Test packaged COTS applications without requiring source code, and embed security into the procurement process in accordance with the COBIT framework.
- AI7 Install and Accredit Solutions and Changes – Quickly test changes and satisfy “independence” guidelines by providing an independent review and rating.
- DS2 Manage 3rd Party Services – Scan software used by suppliers to manage risks and identify vulnerabilities that may compromise the integrity of financial reporting.
- DS5 Ensure System Security – Use CA Veracode testing tools to meet COBIT requirements for security testing and prevention of malicious software.
- PO9 Assess and Manage IT Risk – Assess risks and vulnerabilities in software that handles financial transactions.